Air Fryer Chicken Wings – these perfectly seasoned chicken wings are made crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside in less than 20 minutes in the air fryer! Perfect for a quick lunch, dinner, or game day snack.
Learn how to easily make the most crisp, yet juicy Air Fryer Chicken Wings in less than 20 minutes! They make a great option for a quick lunch or dinner.
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
We are big fans of chicken wings at our house, especially during football season! They are the perfect game day snack or for just a random quick lunch or dinner too. The air fryer is perfect for making these wings nice and crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside, without being fried in oil.
What You Will Need
- dry rub seasoning – we love this homemade dry rub that is so easy to throw together or you can use a store-bought rub of your choice.
- chicken wings – it’s best to use fully thawed chicken wings. They will get more crispy and cook faster. If you use frozen wings you will need to adjust your cook time.
- olive or avocado oil – a drizzle to help with crisping up the outside of the wings.
- ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping – option to make your own or grab your favorite store-bought dressing.
How Long Do Chicken Wings Cook In The Air Fryer
It will take the chicken wings about 14-16 minutes to fully cook at 400 degrees F, but every air fryer is a bit different so you will want to make sure to check the internal temp with a meat thermometer to ensure it is at least 165 degrees before eating.
Best Way To Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings Crispy
First, you will want to make sure you use chicken wings that have thawed completely. Then make sure you pat them dry with a paper towel before adding the seasoning. After they are covered in dry rub, you can drizzle on the olive oil and place them in the air fryer basket so that they aren’t touching. You might have to cook them in batches but they will get the most crisp if they aren’t touching each other.
What To Serve With Chicken Wings
In our opinion, chicken wings should always be served with some ranch or blue cheese dressing for lots of dipping! We also like to toss some carrot and celery sticks on the plate.
How To Make Chicken Wings In An Air Fryer
Begin by patting the chicken wings dry.
Mix up the dry rub seasoning and cover the chicken wings.
Drizzle some olive or avocado oil on the wings and place them in the air fryer basket.
Air fry them at 400 degrees for 14-16 minutes.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs – learn how to cook chicken wings in the air fryer with this easy, go-to recipe! So juicy!
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1–2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- ranch or blue cheese for dipping
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Combine Dry Rub ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Pat dry chicken wings with clean paper towel. Rub all over with the Dry Rub mixture, ensuring you get it in every nook an cranny.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and rub all over.
- Place chicken wings in your tray or basket.
- Place in the air fryer and let cook 14-16 minutes* or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove and let rest 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Air Fryer Model: this recipe was tested on a Breville oven-variety air fryer which typically runs a bit hotter than a basket-style model. It took approx. 16 minutes in the oven-model so if you are using a basket I would recommend checking the internal temperature after 14 minutes.
- Paleo/Whole30: to keep paleo/Whole30 stick with a compatible dipping sauce like our dairy-free ranch!
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.