Smoked Butter – a super simple recipe for making a delicious smoked butter! Perfect for drizzling on meats to really bring them to the next level!
Follow along as we show you how to make the most amazing Smoked Butter that will bring so many delicious foods to the next level! Perfect for drizzling over smoked meats or dipping seafood!
Easy Smoked Butter Recipe
We absolutely love using our Traeger electric smoker! You will find us cooking so many different amazing smoked recipes on our Traeger all summer long. And we are loving this super easy smoked butter that is the perfect compliment to smoked steaks, grilled steaks, grilled crab legs, and smoked corned beef! Option to add as much garlic as you want or any other flavor additions. Trust us, you won’t regret it!
What You Will Need
- butter – we love to cut our stick of butter into large chunks for nice, even melting.
- kosher salt – just a bit for some added seasoning.
- minced garlic – option to add as much or as little as you want!
How To Make Smoked Butter
To begin this very easy butter recipe, you can add all of the ingredients to a medium or large cast iron skillet.
Place the cast iron skillet on your smoker after preheating it to 180-200 degrees F.
Close the lid and let it smoke for 15-35 minutes.
Carefully remove the skillet from the smoker and use any way you want!
Best Ways To Use Smoked Butter
Let us count the ways! What is smoked butter not delicious on!? Our favorite ways to enjoy it are drizzling over smoked corned beef, cast iron flank steak, smoked prime rib, or even a little bit on some smoked hamburgers. It can also be used as a dip for your favorite seafoods, like crab legs or poached lobster!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Smoked Butter – a super simple smoked butter recipe that shows you how to infuse a bit of smokiness into your butter!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Preheat smoker to between 180-200 degrees F.
- Place butter, salt and garlic in a small cast iron skillet or other small, flat heat-proof container.
- Place on smoker and close the lid.
- Let smoke 15-35 minutes.
- Remove from smoker and use in your favorite recipe!
- Serving suggestions: dip crab legs in it, drizzle over a steak or serve with some corned beef and cabbage!
- Smoke Time: due to the high fat-content in butter it retains quite a bit of smokiness after just 15-30 minutes.
- Garlic: feel free to omit the garlic if you want or you can go the other way and add more if you desire!